TAKE THE BEACHBODY CHALLENGE!

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Looking forward into the week ahead

I'm just past the 30 day mark of my "Lose 30 in 90" challenge. So far, I have lost 11.2 pounds. Several things have greatly attributed to my success up to this point. Being dedicated to the gym and working out five days per week has been a great help, for one. Myfitnesspal has been awesome for tracking my calories and other nutrients and keeps me honest with myself.


I have joined a challenge group this week dedicated to losing at least 2 pounds this week. There is a meal plan to follow. A lot of what I eat already is on the plan and I've gotten a few new ideas. I love a challenge so this is great! As part of the challenge, we are required to post photos of what we eat throughout the week, so I will be sharing here as well.

I'm also changing up my workout routine a little. I generally work on cardio when I first get into the gym and follow up with a menagerie of strength training machines. This week I am going to reverse this and get into a targeted strength training regimen. This weeks workout will consist of the following:

Monday - shoulders and back

  • dumbbell shoulder press (3 sets, 12 reps, 8  lb. dumbbells)
  • dumbbell upright row standing/bent over (3 sets, 12 reps, 8  lb. dumbbells)
  • front/side lateral raise (3 sets, 12 reps, 8  lb. dumbbells)
  • kneeling pushups (until failure)

Tuesday - core

  • crunches, stability ball crunches, other pilates targeted ab moves, beginner plank exercises

Wednesday - legs

  • leg press (3 sets, 15/12/10 reps,  weight TBD)
  • leg extension (2 sets, 10 reps, weight TBD)
  • leg curl (2 sets, 10 reps, weight TBD)
  • calf raises (2 sets, 12/10 reps)


Thursday - core
  • crunches, stability ball crunches, other pilates targeted ab moves, beginner plank exercises
Friday - chest

  • chest press machine (4 sets, 8 reps, weight TBD)
  • single-arm chest press (4 sets, 8 reps, 8 lb. dumbbells)
  • Y raises (4 sets, 20 reps, 8 lb. dumbbells)
  • rear lateral raise (4 sets, 20 reps, 8 lb. dumbbells)
Cardio EVERY DAY!
My cardio routine has usually consisted of completing one mile or so on the treadmill, alternating walking and jogging, working on my mile speed. I am going to start training for the 5k that I will be completing in the beginning of May. To get ready for that, I will be adding 1/2 mile each week up to 3.5 miles. 

Let's see what the week brings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment