TAKE THE BEACHBODY CHALLENGE!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Dinner under 500 calories - Pulled Pork with Coleslaw

Pulled Pork Sandwich with Coleslaw and Baked Sweet Potato (440 calories, as pictured)

Pulled Pork
5 lb. pork butt
1 can beef broth (I used Publix brand)
1 small yellow onion, cut into quarters
1/3 cup BBQ sauce ( I used Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce)
1/3 cup water
Salt and pepper, to taste

Cut pork butt in half and rub with salt and pepper.
Place in slow cooker and pour can beef broth over top and put onions in broth and on top of pork.
Mix BBQ sauce and water together and pour over top of pork.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Shred with fork and serve.

Serving size: 3 oz., 186 calories
I served it on Peppridge Farms Whole Wheat Hamburger bun (130 calories) with a tsp. of spicy mustard (5 calories)

Coleslaw
2/3 package coleslaw blend (I used Publix brand)
2 tablespoons extra light mayonaise (I used Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil)
1/4 low fat milk (I used Publix 2%)
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar (I used Splenda blend)
1 teaspoon salt (I used Morton's Light Salt)

Whisk mayonaise, milk, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and salt together and mix with the coleslaw blend and allow to cool 2 hours to overnight. 

Serving size: 1/2 cup, 16 calories

Calorie content will vary depending on ingredients you use!  The family and I enjoyed this meal alot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment