TAKE THE BEACHBODY CHALLENGE!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Big Mac Attack: The Consequences

On the way with the kids to go see my parents [and do some laundry... always an alterior motive, haha], I decided to be a "cool mom" and stop by McDonald's with the kids for lunch. What a mistake that was! I was pretty hungry and wanted a greasy burger and you know that's exactly what I got.

Here is what the order consisted of:


  1. Quarter Pounder with Cheese Value Meal with medium french fries and a medium iced tea, half sweet, half unsweet (only because their tea is usually RIDICULOUSLY sweet)
  2. Cheeseburger Happy Meal with a sad excuse for an order of french fries, apples, and a little iced tea
  3. Chicken McNugget Happy Meal with the same fries, apples, and drink


Now of course, the Happy Meals are getting a little healthier, or at least they try to give that impression. 
I've noticed that since I've changed my eating habits I haven't been able to eat as much as I used to. In comparison, I used to be able to eat a DOUBLE Quarter Pounder with Cheese, LARGE french fries, and drink a butt load of that super sugary sweet iced tea and not bat an eye. This day, I forced myself to finish my meal and felt yucky. Once I got to mom and dad's house, I really felt just gross. I can't think of any other words to describe it. 

Now, my parent's are nurses so I figured I would check my heart rate and blood pressure, you know, just for shits and giggles. Both were elevated. Even though I am overweight, my vitals have always been within normal limits. I figured since I've made the decision to get healthy and I've changed my habits, this was my body's way of rejecting the grease, the fat, all that fast food is.

 I will tell you that the outcome of this particular lunch was definitely NOT appealing and I can safely say, if I decided on fast food again at any time in the future, it will be Burger King for a garden side salad and chicken nuggets! That's my version of a fast food salad: cheaper AND less calories than the ones on the menu board. 

Just to finish off this post, I will leave you all with this:
Quarter Pounder with Cheese: 520 calories
Medium French Fries: 380 calories
Mediums Iced Tea: 180 calories
TOTAL: 1080 CALORIES!!! (doesn't include ketchup or mayonaise on the side)

This was almost my entire day worth of calories in ONE meal AND it made me feel AWFUL!!! It is safe to say that I won't be doing that again any time soon! Should I find myself in a McDonald's predicament again, I vow to make better choices... if I can figure out what that is. 

Stay healthy!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment