TAKE THE BEACHBODY CHALLENGE!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Zumba? No, today it's ZENba.

Without being held accountable for your actions, it is very easy to lose sight of what you're trying to accomplish. I am no exception to this. My weekly schedule is already booked solid. I hold down a full time job, which I generally work Monday through Friday with every other Saturday. I am a single mother with two children, one of which is extremely hyperactive. Since I made the conscious decision to FINALLY stop making excuses and get in shapeand I've been doing just that. Aside from work and mommyhood, I'm in the gym a minimum of four days per week.


For me, exercise is a two fold scenario. For one, it is part of my weight loss/get in shape plan and secondly, exercise is an AWESOME stress reliever! Between work and kids, the past week or so has been extremely stressful (and those stories are for a totally separate blog). After a weekend of not working out and eating crappy food (refer to the blog about the Big Mac Attack), I still managed some weight loss, but my body was NOT ready for Zumba Monday evening. I found myself completely out of breath (That's good, right?), rather sore, and found it difficult to keep up. Regardless of how blah I was feeling, I still maintained that it was good to blow off some steam.



I told a couple of the ladies about my weekend (my son calling 911 and sucking toilet water up in the vacuum cleaner) and what was going on at work (back to back inspections by investors AND the state) and simply said.

It's not Zumba today... it's ZENba! 


No comments:

Post a Comment