TAKE THE BEACHBODY CHALLENGE!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick-or-Treat DEFEAT!

Ah, Halloween. The day of following the kids around the neighborhood, in costume, allowing them to collect all kinds of candy. Not only that, but the entire day is hectic, from trying to get out of work on time, picking up the kids, getting dinner, getting dressed, and finally getting out the door. By this time, my anxiety is already in high gear from having to deal with stupid people at work, idiots on the road, the stupid detour on the way to mom and dad's, the line out the door at Little Caesars with a 25 minute wait (to hell with that, we called Dominos!), and just all around craziness with the kids. Oh did I mention the dumbasses SPEEDING down the street in the neighborhood, knowing good and well that there are all kinds of children out walking? Yeah, I yelled at them to the slow down, but that's all that I could do.

Anyhow... the night comes to an end and we get back to mom and dad's house to assess the haul from the night. The assortment is rather disappointing, but works in my favor. I have a few chocolate candies that I LOVE, which were very few and far between. I hear my temptation preparing for flight... and then... the flavored Tootsie Rolls! Holy hot damn! Those are, BY FAR, my favorite candies that we get at Halloween time. I rarely see them any other time of the year. [insert sad face here]
THE BEST PART OF FRUIT FLAVORED TOOTSIE ROLLS??? They are only 26 calories a piece! I can justify eating 3-5 of these bad boys at one time and not feel guilty! YAY!

LONG STORY SHORT...

Regardless of the holiday or special occasion, I can still splurge a little here and there without having a tremendous amount of guilt. I had 3 small pieces of pizza, a small Milky Way Midnight (YUM!! DARK CHOCOLATE), and about 4 fruity flavored Tootsie Rolls. I don't want to know the entire calorie content of my Halloween day, but I figured the walking around the neighborhood helped offset it so, again, I don't feel guilty about my high caloric consumption. Besides, I have TRX to fall back on today! 

Less than 30 days until my next challenge: 
The Great Turkey Debate!

No comments:

Post a Comment