TAKE THE BEACHBODY CHALLENGE!

Saturday, May 3, 2014

May 3, 2014 - Largest NSV to date!

I sit here, almost in tears. On one hand, I am thinking about my dearly departed friend, Caroline. On the other hand, I am incredibly proud of what I accomplished today. LARGEST NON-SCALE VICTORY TO DATE!!!

Today, my sister and I completed our first road race:
Maya Matters (Helping Hands for Kids with Cancer) 5k

Little back story - I lost my middle school best friend to leukemia at the age of 19. I have been involved in fundraising for pediatric cancer patients/families and research for 2 years now... hence my participation in this particular 5k.

3 months and [almost] 40 pounds ago, I would have NEVER imagined I could have jogged/walked 3 miles in under an hour. 

My Race Results:
Time: 50:40:21
Age Group (30-39) Finish: 16
Overall Finish: 114

Not bad for my first race. I am looking forward to participating in more and improving on my time, no doubt!! Gotta get through my challenges for the month of May, biking 200 miles and melting this muffin top.

In fitness and in health,
Fat2FitMama

No comments:

Post a Comment