TAKE THE BEACHBODY CHALLENGE!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Emotional Realization

This morning was particularly interesting. I went to the gym before the sun came up and crushed some cardio and a little lifting. I've done so well with sticking to my diet and exercise routine that I've now lost 23 lbs. since I started almost a month and a half ago. After my workout, I treated myself to a venti iced non-fat mocha with no whipped cream from Starbucks, to the tune of 220 calories (and sooooooo worth it!!). 

On my way home, I really began to think about the progress that I have made up to this point and came to the realization. I will be out of the 280's by next weeks weigh in, moving on to my goal of 250. Not only that, but I will have LESS than 100 pounds to lose. This is such a big deal to me that I began to cry tears of joy. 

I have such a great support system in place that I don't feel like giving up. I don't want to quit. Everyday I find myself wanting to push just a little bit harder. I'm smashing my short term goals and inching closer to the ultimate goal.

SIDE NOTE:
Over the last few days, I have noticed something else that I have NEVER had: MUSCLE DEFINITION.
Well... some. It is such an great feeling to know that all the sweat I've poured out and all the soreness I've endured is worth it. To know the fat is melting away and being replaced with lean muscle it awesome! I love being able to see the definition in my arms and calves, and to feel the strength I'm building in other areas. 

There has been such an improvement in my overall health. I don't feel tired all the time, but quite the opposite actually. My moods have been much better. I don't feel depressed. BIG DEAL!!! I no longer turn to food for comfort, but instead, I turn to my people. Without them, I don't know if this would be possible. 

I want to serve as a motivator and inspiration for others who are battling a weight problem. I've been heavy most of my life and decided this is the time to change. I'm living my life as I am the "Biggest Loser", just over a longer period of time. No crazy crash diets, or extensive workout schedules here!

I've recently started blogging my workout schedule here as well. You an find that here!
I've also recently co-created a motivation page with my best friend: Beast Mode Mamas

Mom's in beast mode. So look out!

In fitness and in health,
Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment