TAKE THE BEACHBODY CHALLENGE!

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Meal Prepping

As a self proclaimed food addict and emotional eater, I come to realize that meal prepping is vital to my weight loss success. If I leave my meals up to chance, odds are pretty good that I will make some not so good choices.

My struggle is usually lunch. I work in a grocery store. Of course there is a plethora of easy to make frozen food and there's also the deli with chicken wing bar. I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if I don't bring my lunch, despite my best efforts, I will make poor decisions.

When you're toying with the idea of meal prepping, it can be overwhelming. If you start simple, it can be quite simple. I start by deciding on a meal that I would be ok with eating for a few days and create my shopping list.For example, this week I decided on oven roasted chicken breast, steamed veggies (broccoli, cabbage, yellow squash, and zucchini), and whipped sweet potatoes with greek yogurt.

Cook everything the way you want it and then portion it out into containers for the week. Sounds easy, right? It is! You can do this with breakfast or snacks too.

I don't really meal prep often, but I have started to more just because I know myself and my weaknesses. If there is something I can do to help combat failure, then I'm going to do it!

Besides, I prep for my Shakeology every morning, why not other parts of the day? LOL

In Fitness and In Health,
Gillian

No comments:

Post a Comment