TAKE THE BEACHBODY CHALLENGE!

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Why did I become Beachbody Coach?

Yesterday, this question was asked: "Why did you become a Beachbody Coach?"

My initial thought was that I became a Beachbody Coach for the discount, which is part true, but I really didn't have an answer... until I sat down and really thought about it.

I've been overweight as long as I can remember. As a child and teen, I was picked on about it. Remembering those who made fun of me while walking home from the bus stop brings tears to my eyes. Even throughout high school and most of my adult life, my weight had been a rollercoaster. I would lose 30 pounds or so and then put it back on, plus some. In my 20's, I gave birth to two children. By age 25, we suffered the devastating, sudden loss of their father. This started a downward spiral for me, not caring about anything. I drank myself into oblivion for a while as my way of coping. Once I accepted the fact that he was gone, I was able to start thinking about the future and bettering myself at the possibility of meeting another man. I was a mess and there was no doubt that there was no one that would want me in that state.

Such started the rollercoaster again. I joined the gym and began working out alot and improved my eating habits. I was able to get down to 235 pounds before life got crazy hectic and I made excuses as to why I could not continue, whether it be no time, or that I was tired. It didn't matter. My weight crept up again.

At 29, I had a stressful job that had me working 50 hours per week or more. Combined with that and being a single parent, I turned to the bottle once again as a way to deal with everything I was being handed. The following year I was let go from that job and I have to admit it was a blessing in disguise.

My children and I had to move in with my parents. That was a hard move for me. Out of curiosity one morning, I stepped on the scale and my worst fear had been realized. I weighed over 300 pounds! 305.5 to be exact! I knew I had to do something about this.

My parents belonged to a local gym so I decided to get a membership as well. Since I was unable to find work, going to the gym became my job, part of my daily routine. I worked for months, counting calories and working out for an hour a day, 5 days a week. This motivated my parents to do better as well! They began eating better and working out more too. My weight came down to 245 pounds. The lowest I had been in almost 5 years.

Of course, the holidays came and went and I found that I had gained 20 pounds. I started working right before Thanksgiving and totally stopped going to the gym. Two months ago, I started working on myself again, going to the gym, counting calories, and walking ALOT at work. I even started running, with my sights set on completing a half marathon in 2016. I created my own fitness page on Facebook, just to put everything out there without clogging up my friends newsfeeds. People were telling me how inspiring I was, how great I looked, and that I was motivating them to start working out again. Along that time, I started to follow a handful of fitness pages on Facebook, including Hell Bent Chicks. I watched her persevere through medical issues that made it difficult for her to lose weight. Every day she was getting it done and posting it for the world to see. I was inspired. She and I became friends and started talking. She introduced me to Beachbody and Shakeology. Once I received my tax refund, I decided to try the 21 Day Fix Challenge Pack with Shakeology and I signed up as a coach that day. I have to admit that I was immediately hooked! I have been with Team Beachbody less than 30 days and I already own 3 programs. 21 Day Fix, Les Mills Combat, and Body Beast. My Shakeology is like my coffee. I get cranky without it! I also have to say that Bobbylee has been an AMAZING coach to me! She's answered all my questions, kept me going when I was ready to quit, and always there just to shoot the breeze. The programs are amazing and keep you motivated even when you want to give up! These programs make it so easy for you to be successful. You just have to do the work!

My motto is, "Aspire. Inspire. Motivate."
I aspire to be something great, both in my health and fitness, but as a Coach as well.
If I can inspire at least one person, then I'm doing something right!
If someone comes to me to help them along their journey, I want to be there to motivate them every step of the way.

So, to answer the question as to why I became a Beachbody Coach, the answer is now simple.
ASPIRE. INSPIRE. MOTIVATE!

I can be your coach too! You can join me for free! Get your FREE Team Beachbody account!

In fitness and in health,
Gillian


No comments:

Post a Comment