TAKE THE BEACHBODY CHALLENGE!

Friday, January 11, 2013

Eating Habits

I just came to this realization...
My children have actually had an effect on my eating habits, as well as changed the way I look at certain foods. It has been quite eye opening for me to see that they like so many different vegetables. They are also pretty open to trying new things.
Let's face it. I have always been the one to say, "I don't like [insert random vegetable name here]", without giving it as much as a second glance. Because of my kids, I have been more willing to try new things and much to my surprise, I like them.
For example, I went to Boston Market. The fat girl inside of me wanted the macaroni and cheese with corn or mashed potatoes or something that was loaded with calories that I didn't need. This time I opted for the steamed vegetable with green beans, carrots, yellow squash, and zucchini. Yay for making a good choice, however, follow through is key now.
I am proud to say I ate all of it! This was a milestone and I was extremely proud, to the point where I texted my parents and informed them of the impossible task I had completed.
I am finding that making the right choice and following through isn't that difficult when you have two little people by your side, cheering you on and (somehow) encouraging you to make good choices. While I am setting a good example for them, they don't realize they are doing it for me too. I love them so much and look forward to getting in shape, not only for myself, but for them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment