TAKE THE BEACHBODY CHALLENGE!

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Reflections 9/2012 to now - being honest with myself

Sure, I'm sure I'll never be the 36-24-36 type, but I know that I am working my butt off to better myself, get healthier, and give my body a total overhaul.

I started this blog towards the end of September 2012 and tipped the scales at almost 290 pounds. The fact that I was so close to 300 scared me to death. I am very fortunate to not have the health problems often associated with being "obese". The only issue I have had came about recently when my doctor told me my cholesterol was elevated, not in the danger zone, but elevated. Of course, I didn't want to be put on medication so I had to do something to correct the problem before it got any worse.

Four months later, I'm doing some reflection on my progress so far and I have to say I am not too happy. I am happy because I have made progress, but not happy with the amount of progress. I could have done so much better. Everyone says November and December are the worst months to diet because of the holidays and all of the food. I found this to be true.

I made it through Halloween and indulged on very little of the candy I swiped from the kids. I got so busy with inspections at work and parties and family get togethers that I really stopped caring. I stopped working out and stopped paying attention to and tracking what I ate. Fortunately, I only put on 4-5 pounds. However, I sit here and remember just how much work it was to get that 4-5 pounds off in the first place. A LOT of work! I wasn't too terribly upset by this, but I was disappointed in myself because I knew I could do this and was using all of these things as excuses.




December 31 comes around, New Years Eve. Like plenty of other people out there, I set my resolution... not to lose weight (like I had so many years before) but to be healthier and exercise like I should. So far, I've been successful in this and (as of 1/21/13) have lost 5 pounds since 1/7/13.

I have realized I have to be honest to myself. I am the one most responsible for accountability. I cannot allow my head to get cloudy if I ever expect to reach my goals and dreams. Life is to short to be watching from the sidelines! I need to up my game and get into it!


No comments:

Post a Comment